Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy savory appetizer that usually goes quickly. I have also used non-layer biscuits, cut into thirds and pressed into mini-muffin tins before topping with the filling.
- 1 (8 ounce) canrefrigerated layer biscuits
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more if needed for desired consistency)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 pieces.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Combine the cheese, mayo, onion, bacon, sugar, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture, spreading evenly, on each biscuit round.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
What an easy, great tasting appetizer. The crowd went wild and quickly ate them up (I should have doubled the recipe). The only thing I did different was cut the amount of hot pepper sauce to about 3 drops since I was serving some people who do not like too spicy/hot food. Sbsbea, this is a great find for me, thanks so much for sharing. :-)
what a killer recipe! i doubled the hot sauce (i use cholula) and omitted the sugar. i used a mexican cheese blend. served as a side with Delicious Fried Chicken Breast, my Spicy Corn! and roasted garlic mashed potatoes! loved it! will be adding this to my keepers for sure. next time i'll make these for breakfast! thanks so much for sharing!!!