Recipe by Bobtail
This is from my cookbook entitled "Recipes from the Old South" I used to make these to take to cookouts as an appetizer. It says to serve with any highly seasoned dip, but I never did. I have guessed at the number it makes. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Marsha D.
Awesome snack! I love the flavor in this. They were very easy to mix together. I served them with the dip from the blooming onion I made (recipe#70382) They were delicious! They're a keeper in my book. Thanks for sharing them Bobtail.
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings, saved from frying the bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Save the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Combine bacon, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Sift together the flour, dry mustard and baking powder.
- Mix bacon and vegetables with the flour mixture.
- Combine the egg, milk and bacon drippings.
- Add this to the flour and vegetable mixture.
- Stir mixture with fork until blended well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Serve on wooden toothpicks with any highly seasoned dip.