Recipe by BakingMissy
Great in a Crock Pot on Game Day! Men LOVE this dip and it's very easy - not a lot of chopping involved!
Top Review by adolsonrn
I love dips and this one is my favorite!! I have tried making a lot of them this football season, but this one has disappeared the fastest! I use Hormel bacon pieces to make this even easier.
- 6 -8 pieces bacon, crumbled
- 4 -5 green onions, greens and whites, minced
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product (1/2 block)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces beer (1/2 can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon crisply, remove from pan to drain on paper towels; reserve grease.
- In hot grease, saute green onions until bright green and soft - drain on paper towels.
- In your Crock Pot insert or microwavable bowl, combine cream cheese, Velveeta, garlic powder and pepper flakes.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir to combine and microwave again for 3 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Add beer and stir to "loosen" to a dippable consistency.
- Stir in bacon and green onions and serve hot with corn chips or crackers.