Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally found this on Taste of Home but tweaked it a bit and it is so good. The burgers come extremely moist and flavorful. The original recipe called for cooked crumbled bacon but I didn't have it so I subbed real bacon bits.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or 1⁄4 cup Oscar Mayer real bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices colby jack cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- lettuce leaf, and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and barbecue sauce.
- In another bowl, combine the bacon, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, onion and steak seasoning;.
- crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight patties.
- * Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture over buns;.
- top each with a burger, lettuce and tomato.
- This makes a lot of sauce and you probably won't use all of it.
Should be 10 *'s! I was surprised how really tasty and moist these hamburgers were. I used precooked bacon which made the recipe really quick and non-messy to mix up. I'm sure I will have to make these again! The BBQ sauce/mayo mixture is wonderful both inside the burger and on the bun! No need for anything else IMHO! Thanks Fancy Moll for a new and great burger! Made for PAC Fall 2011.