Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The credit for this goes to the eHow page "How to Make Bacon Bath Salts." I haven't made it yet, and their amounts weren't exact so use your judgment. (I'm assuming this is safe enough to put down the drain because there's such a tiny amount of grease relative to a bathtub full of water.)
- Cook bacon to render as much of the fat as possible.
- Meanwhile, mix epsom salts and borax in a bowl.
- Remove the bacon (you don't need that for the bath salts, so just eat it).
- Add a few drops of liquid smoke to the grease and mix.
- Add salt/borax mixture to grease and mix thoroughly.
- If it's too greasy, add more salt/borax until it's just evenly coated.