Recipe by ToffeeBee
Savoury muffins. Nice for breakfast. You can use the pre-cooked bacon in the microwave for this and it does just as nicely.
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons lowfat margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and crumble bacon. Melt margarine and mix with basil. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Mix in cheese and bacon. Then add wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed (about 15 strokes).
- Fill muffin cups about two thirds full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 23 to 26 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy.