Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6. Serve with soup. Do not freeze this.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Saute bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving fat.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine flour with salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, bacon and all the bacon fat except 1 tablespoon.
- Grease a 10" cake pan with the bacon fat.
- Pour well-blended batter into pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is light brown and cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Overall a good recipe, that I served with some spaghetti. Made recipe as posted though in the future you may want to watch the cooking time. Made for Holiday Tag.