Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. Posted for ZWT6. Serve with soup. Do not freeze this.
Make and share this Bacon Barley Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Saute bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving fat.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine flour with salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, bacon and all the bacon fat except 1 tablespoon.
- Grease a 10" cake pan with the bacon fat.
- Pour well-blended batter into pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is light brown and cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Overall a good recipe, that I served with some spaghetti. Made recipe as posted though in the future you may want to watch the cooking time. Made for Holiday Tag.