Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had these at a great pancake house once and had to try and duplicate it. Awesome blend of sweet and salt. Serve with warm maple syrup.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, ripe, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg in a small bowl; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in banana and bacon.
- Spoon about 1/3 C batter for each pancake onto hot greased nonstick griddle.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
I made these into waffles, adding 1 additional egg & 1 more teaspoon of baking powder. I topped them with whipped cream, a sprinkle of nutmeg & chopped pecans. These were a wonderful brunch dish worthy of a special occasion. Thanks for sharing!
These are really great - even plain or with just butter so you can enjoy the sweet and salty combo flavors. My two girls loved them.
very VERY interesting recipe to say the least. Since I do not like bacon or bananas, I fed this to one of my friends who do since this recipe just looked so odd I had to make it! Since I was not sure if this recipe was gonna work so I made about a 1/4 of it with and used agg sub. To my surprise my friends really liked this. The only comment was that the vanilla was a bit much and may have been better without it.... but I may have added a bit too much since its kinda hard to eye ball 1/8 of a teaspoon lol. Over all a gredat recipe I plan on making again for my bacon loving friends!