Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy breakfast recipe, can be made the night before and baked in the morning. Prep time does not include soaking overnight (if desired).
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- maple syrup (optional)
- If cooking immediately, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, 1/4 cup of sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Add in bread, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- Add in cooked bacon, tossing again.
- Pour into prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Allow to soak until egg mixture is mostly absorbed (can put in fridge overnight if desired).
- Stir bread again, dot with butter and sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar.
- Recover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or other desired toppings.