If you like your beans smoky, add one cup sliced kielbasa before baking.
Make and share this Bacon Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop 3 slices bacon.
- In ovenproof pot over medium-high heat, cook chopped bacon, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in beans, preserves, vinegar and mustard.
- Cut remaining bacon slices in half; arrange over baked beans.
- Bake 1 hour or until bacon is crisp.
I thought 4 stars, DS felt it was 5 stars, so I went with 5. I halved the recipe, but used 4 slices of bacon instead of 3. The apricot preserves were a different addition for me in baked beans....a pleasant surprise. I'll try them again...next time I think I'll add a little diced bell pepper as well. Thanks for posting a deliciously different recipe. Made for Gimme 5 Tag.
So delicious! I wanted to take this to a potluck at work, so decided to cook in my crockpot. I also doubled the recipe. Good thing! They were gone so quick! I precooked my bacon so it would be crispy, mixed the rest of the ingredients and put crumbled bacon on top --wanted to make sure everyone got a bit of bacon too! :) Don't know how many copies of the recipe were made, but it is a winner! Made for PRMR Tag
Bacon, the sweetness of the apricot preserves, and fresh garlic made for a really enjoyable pot of beans. Made for Photo Tag, Nov. 2008.