Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The chunkier the veggies, the better. If you want to save on time, use Oscar Meyer Ready to Serve Bacon.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- lettuce leaf, for serving (optional)
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain & crumble.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper & hot sauce & pour over avocados. Toss gently.
- Gently fold bacon, tomatoes and onion into avocados.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
I am behind in my reviewing, but I prepared this a few weeks ago (before the current salmonella tomato scare). The salad was fabulous. It was a quick, easy, and filling lunch that will be repeated when tomatoes are safe once again.
We loved this. DH piled it high on his plate. I left out the hot sauce 'cause DH doesn't like it. I also didn't read well when I chose to make the salad and didn't realize it should sit for so long. It sat for about an hour, no problems, still wonderful. There is nothing leftover (and there were only 2 of us eating lol) so I wont get to see how it does sitting longer. Oh well. This is something I am sure I will be making often. Thanks for a great recipe.
Excellent salad! I love all the different textures that are in it and the taste is outstanding. Will be making often.