Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chock full of bacon, mushrooms, tomato, cheese and avocado.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Place two tortillas, buttered side down, on a griddle or skillet.
- Top with bacon, mushrooms, cheese, tomato and avocado. Cover with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Great combination of flavors and very easy to prepare. I followed your recipe exactly and we really enjoyed it. I even have enough left over for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this one.
We just made this for dinner tonight from a cookbook I have, and then found this online! This was outstanding!!! We used fat free tortillas and low fat cheese. We plan on trying these again with chicken or shrimp. Many possibilities. Thanks for posting!
A symphony of tastes and textures! I used four slices of thick country bacon, and slightly less of the rest of the ingredients, as my tortillas were slightly smaller. I cooked them in my panini grill, and they absolutely wonderful Next time I will probably fold the tortillas over, to make it easier to keep the filling inside.