Recipe by Chef Beebee
This is a wonderful salad to accompany many main courses--quiche, steak & garlic mashed potatoes--or all by itself for a relatively healthful and delicious lunch or dinnner. I have made this salad a number of times for friends and family, and everyone loves it.
- 12 slices bacon, cooked, drained & cut into pieces
- baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 avocados, quartered and sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, diced
For the Dressing
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together mustard, vinegar and olive oil (I use a small jar and shake vigorously until smooth & blended). Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place the spinach, avocado and bacon in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange on plates and top with goat cheese. Serve immediately.