Bacon-Avocado Burger With Chipotle Mayonnaise II
- Combine the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice, and paprika in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Make the burgers: combine the beef, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix to combine, taking care that you do not overwork the beef. Form the mixture into four patties about 1/2 inch thick and press your thumb down in the center of each burger to form a depression. (This helps the burgers cook more evenly).
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn the burgers over and top each with a slice of cheese; cook 4 minutes longer for medium-rare. In the last minute of cooking, cover the pan to help melt the cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Place roll bottoms onto each of 4 plates. Top each with a tomato slice, patty, onion slice, 4 slices avocado, and 1 bacon slice. Spread the cut side of the top half of each roll with the mayonnaise and set atop the burger and serve.