Recipe from: Best of Gourmet 1993 (Condé Nast)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 slices lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small avocado (preferably California)
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1In a small bowl stir together the tomato, the onion, the jalapeno, the coriander, the lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste until the salsa is combined well.
- 2In a bowl whisk together the eggs, the water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3In an 8-inch skillet, preferably non-stick, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the butter over moderately high heat until the foam subsides, pour in half the egg mixture, tilting the skillet to spread the mixture evenly over the bottom, and cook it for 1 minute, or until it is almost set.
- 4Sprinkle half the omelet with half the bacon, half the avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and half the Monterey Jack and cook the omelet for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- 5Fold the omelet over the filling, transfer it to a plate, and keep it warm.
- 6Make another omelet in the same manner with the remaining butter, egg mixture, bacon, avocado, and Monterey Jack and serve the omelets with the salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Avocado, and Cheese Omelets With Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.9
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 486.5 mg
- Sodium 586.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 26.0 g