Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Quiche with bacon and arugula, great for lunch or a picnic.
Make and share this Bacon, Arugula and Shallot Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inch refrigerated pie crusts, for a 9 inch pie pan
- 6 large eggs
- 158.51 ml creme fraiche or 158.51 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 226.79 g gruyere or 226.79 g other swiss cheese
- 1.23 ml of freshly ground nutmeg
- 226.79 g bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml f shallot, chopped
- 226.79 g arugula, stems trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prebake pie dough in a pie dish according to package instructions, remove from oven and reduce oven to 350.
- In a heavy skillet cook the bacon then remove to drain.
- on a paper towel covered plate.
- Add to the same pan the shallots and cook until lightly brown,
- add the arugula and balsamic vinegar until wilted about 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Add the arugula mixture to the pie shell and cover.
- completely, top with bacon.
- Mix the eggs, creme, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg,.
- then add the cheese and mix well. Poor the custard.
- mixture over the bacon.
- Cover pie loosely with foil,gently folding edges over crust, try to keep the foil from touching the top of the custard, transfer to a baking sheet and bake until center is puffed about 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer to brown.
- To test if the quiche is done, insert a tip of a knife in the center, if it comes out clean then the quiche is ready, allow to cool for 30 minutes.