2 hrs 15 mins
Gypsy Queen Cuisine's Note:
Quiche with bacon and arugula, great for lunch or a picnic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts, for a 9 inch pie pan
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche or 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces gruyere or 8 ounces other swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup f shallot, chopped
- 8 ounces arugula, stems trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Prebake pie dough in a pie dish according to package instructions, remove from oven and reduce oven to 350.
- 3In a heavy skillet cook the bacon then remove to drain.
- 4on a paper towel covered plate.
- 5Add to the same pan the shallots and cook until lightly brown,
- 6add the arugula and balsamic vinegar until wilted about 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- 7Add the arugula mixture to the pie shell and cover.
- 8completely, top with bacon.
- 9Mix the eggs, creme, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg,.
- 10then add the cheese and mix well. Poor the custard.
- 11mixture over the bacon.
- 12Cover pie loosely with foil,gently folding edges over crust, try to keep the foil from touching the top of the custard, transfer to a baking sheet and bake until center is puffed about 1 hour.
- 13Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer to brown.
- 14To test if the quiche is done, insert a tip of a knife in the center, if it comes out clean then the quiche is ready, allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Arugula and Shallot Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.0
- Calories from Fat 710
- Total Fat 78.9 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 479.1 mg
- Sodium 1030.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g