My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
- 4In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crisp.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a small bowl.
- 6Add butter to the bacon fat in skillet and melt over medium heat.
- 7Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- 8Remove from heat and return bacon to pan.
- 9In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, and buttermilk until well blended.
- 10Add the egg mixture and bacon mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- 11Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- 12Bake in preheated oven for 19-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 231.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: