Recipe by Tracey_B
A great family dish, my husband loves this but was very upset when he saw me make it once and discovered its contains zucchini. The bonus is its a weight watchers recipe, 4 1/2 points a serve
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
Very good and quick to make when using a food processor to grate the vegies and cheese. As I had my oven on already I baked for 45 minutes at 180C. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 4 slices bacon, rashers trimmed of fat and rind
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 100 g reduced-fat tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt, natural
- baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the bacon and leek in paper towel and cook in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Dice the bacon.
- Combine the zucchini, carrot, cheese, flour, bacon and leek in a large bowl. Stir in the combined eggs, oil and mustard. Mix gently to combine.
- Coat a microwave safe quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and place in the microwave. Cook on 50% power for 15 minutes until the edges are firm and mixture is set, time depends on how powerful your microwave is. Place under a grill for 4-5 minutes or until top is golden and firm.
- Serve on top of the baby spinach leaves with a dollop of yoghurt.