A very good main course served with a salad. To make this recipe gluten-free I use G/F flour.
Make and share this Bacon and Two Onion Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet; remove to paper towels with slotted spoon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook onion and garlic in drippings about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain in strainer; discard bacon drippings.
- Combine Ricotta Cheese, half-and-half, flour, salt an cayenne pepper in bowl. With electric beater, beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
- Stir bacon and cooked onion mixture and green onions into Ricotta mixture.
- Lightly grease sides and bottom of an 8 or 9 inch baking dish; pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire cooling rack; cool to room temperature.
This is an AMAZING appetizer for a party. I use a spring form pan so that it is easier to serve, but it is wonderful with crackers and looks beautiful on a serving table for a large gathering. My family prefers when I reserve some for them so that they can put it on rolls or biscuits for lunch the following day. It's great!