Recipe by Grannydragon
A very good main course served with a salad. To make this recipe gluten-free I use G/F flour.
Top Review by NewNerdMom
This is an AMAZING appetizer for a party. I use a spring form pan so that it is easier to serve, but it is wonderful with crackers and looks beautiful on a serving table for a large gathering. My family prefers when I reserve some for them so that they can put it on rolls or biscuits for lunch the following day. It's great!
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups light ricotta cheese (15 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour, I use gluten free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet; remove to paper towels with slotted spoon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook onion and garlic in drippings about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain in strainer; discard bacon drippings.
- Combine Ricotta Cheese, half-and-half, flour, salt an cayenne pepper in bowl. With electric beater, beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
- Stir bacon and cooked onion mixture and green onions into Ricotta mixture.
- Lightly grease sides and bottom of an 8 or 9 inch baking dish; pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire cooling rack; cool to room temperature.