Recipe by Pinay0618
Tomato juice, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes flavor this meatloaf recipe from recipelion.com.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry bread, crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 slices beefsteak tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- In large bowl, beat egg lightly, add bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Mix in beef. Pack into 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Lay slices of tomato on top, overlapping slightly, brush with oil.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 1 hour or until no longer pink inside and tomato slices are roasted. Drain off fat. Serve with your favorite mashed potatoes and mushrooms and green beans.