Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can serve this as a spread or as a dip. Either way it is very easy to prepare.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- garlic salt
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- Blend cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add garlic salt and tomato.
- Cook bacon until crispy; drain and crumble.
- Add bacon to cream cheese mixture when ready to serve.
- Serve as spread with party rye rounds or as a dip.
- Thin with a little milk if necessary.
Very good appetizer spread. I served this on crackers with a little bit of shredded lettuce as a garnish on the top. I was going for a BLT effect which worked quite well and was enjoyed by all. This spread is best served soon after adding the bacon as directed in the recipe. I had a little of the spread leftover that I ate the next day. Still tasted good, but the bacon gets soggy and makes the spread too salty-tasting.
This was very good! I served it as a dip with cut up pita strips. Used a fresh garlic clove and normal salt.
5 stars all the way. Very good! This would also be good on a lettuce and cheese sandwich or a turkey sandwich, or as a base for wraps. In place Of the mayo and garlic salt I used Aoili.