- 1 lb bacon
- 6 -8 fresh tomatoes, skins removed and coarsely chopped (can use canned diced)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (or more)
- 1 (500 g) package spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese (or more, don't use the dusty powder one, it's just not the same)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, chop and cook the bacon in a non-stick pan. Drain.
- If using fresh tomatoes, remove skins and chop.
- Sautee celery, onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Add bacon back into the pan, and add tomatoes.
- Cook until slightly reduced.
- Serve over warm pasta, sprinkle with parm cheese.
- Prep time included cook time.