Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves these sandwiches, they are especially great using garden tomatoes, I make them using Pepper Jack cheese but American cheese slices works good also, you can adjust the butter amount to suit taste.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon butter into the bottom of a large skillet (or just leave some fat in the pan from the bacon).
- Spread 1 tablespoon (can use more) onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the 4 slices of bread butter-side down onto a large skillet or flat grill.
- Top with 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices cooked bacon, then 1 more slice of cheese.
- Cover with a slice of bread (butter-side facing outside).
- Fry over medium turning once with a spatula until golden brown on both sides.
Oh YUMMY! DH made these sammies for lunch. What's not to love about this? All the right ingredients! I love the little touch of heat the pepper chese gives. Outstanding recipe as always! Thanks KITT!
Bacon, cheese and tomatoes, how can you go wrong?! I did use American cheese, and did a baking method of grilled cheese that I love (can make more at one time that way!). Yummy!
This is true comfort food for me. It made a great lunch and I could only eat half because it is filling. I used wheat bread and both monterey jack cheese and American cheese. I also added some fresh ground black pepper on top of the tomatoes. I served it with some sweet pickles and it was yummy. I will make this again! Thanks for sharing.