Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My family loves these sandwiches, they are especially great using garden tomatoes, I make them using Pepper Jack cheese but American cheese slices works good also, you can adjust the butter amount to suit taste.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Oh YUMMY! DH made these sammies for lunch. What's not to love about this? All the right ingredients! I love the little touch of heat the pepper chese gives. Outstanding recipe as always! Thanks KITT!
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 5 tablespoons soft butter, divided (or to taste)
- 4 slices bread (white or whole wheat)
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (or use American cheese)
- 4 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread about 1 tablespoon butter into the bottom of a large skillet (or just leave some fat in the pan from the bacon).
- Spread 1 tablespoon (can use more) onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the 4 slices of bread butter-side down onto a large skillet or flat grill.
- Top with 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices cooked bacon, then 1 more slice of cheese.
- Cover with a slice of bread (butter-side facing outside).
- Fry over medium turning once with a spatula until golden brown on both sides.