Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe, easy to make, and popular with kids! I recommend the Pillsbury Grands sized ones as easiest to use to make these tasty breakfast, lunch, or dinner treats.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped or minced onion
- 1 cup seeded and diced roma tomato
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (large sized biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or grease the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon and onion together until bacon is evenly browned and onion is soft; pour through sieve then let drain well and cool on paper towels.
- Combine cooled bacon/onion mixture with tomato, Swiss cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and basil.
- Flatten each biscuit with your hand or a rolling pin and press into the cups of the muffin tin; the dough needs to come to the top of each cup.
- Place a portion of the bacon mixture into each dough cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes 4 to 6 muffin cups.
Love it! Cheap and easy to make for a weeknight. This is one of my fiance's favorites. I only use 5 slices bacon and use low-fat sour cream, mayonaise, and biscuits to make them a bit more healthy.
How could anyone not like this dish? Super. thank you Margie
I have a similar recipe which uses 1/2 cup mayonnaise and no sour cream or yogurt. Also uses 10 oz can of biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 3. If you have the Pampered Chef tart shaper, it is so much easier. No need to roll any thing. Just place a thinner biscuit over a mini-muffin cup and press tart shaper into. (May dip into flour so won't stick.) These are the best!! Everyone always loves them!!