Recipe by SassiFras
Tasty sweet potato salad served on baby spinach leaves. Salad features green beans, Canadian bacon, red onion, and a honey Dijon dressing. I found this recipe @ http://www.sweetpotatorecipes.net I'm posting it here for safe keeping.
- 141.74 g bag Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml water
- 0.25 ml salt
- 453.59 g sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 226.79 g green beans, ends trimmed, beans cut in half
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 226.79 g Canadian bacon, thick sliced, stacked and cut in strips
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 78.07 ml honey Dijon salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a serving plate with baby spinach leaves.
- Add water and salt to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add sweet potatoes and green beans to skillet and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and green beans in colander.
- Wipe skillet and add vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Add Canadian bacon and onion to hot oil and sauté 5 minutes or until bacon is lightly browned and onions are tender.
- Spoon sweet potatoes, green beans, bacon and onions over spinach leaves.
- Add honey Dijon dressing to skillet and heat through.
- Spoon over sweet potato salad.