Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash
- Chop sweet potatoes into small squares. You can either peel them or keep the skin on.
- Place sweet potato squares in a pot, cover them in cold water, and cook them on high heat until the water starts boiling. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When you can poke the sweet potatoes easily with a fork, but they wouldn't be easy to mash ("al dente"), they are done.
- Drain sweet potatoes and then shock them with cold water (run cold water over the colander), put them on a paper towel, and blot off excess water.
- Take a pan and put it on medium high heat, coat the pan with extra virgin olive oil, and then put the bacon on it.
- Cook bacon for 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally, until it's cooked through, but not too crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave the fat.
- Now, add the sweet potatoes to the pan, frying them in the bacon fat, turning occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon. After it starts to brown, add the scallions, bacon, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix it all up.