Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cusine at home, August 2011. Bacon, zucchini, corn, pine nuts and pasta. A great summer meal.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt and black pepper
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to plate and reserve 1 Tablespoon drippings.
- Saute zucchini and corn in the drippings in the same skillet until tender, 5-6 minutes. Add pasta to corn and zucchini in skillet.
- Stir in bacon, cream, basil and pine nuts. Add reserved pasta water, as needed to loosen sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Really enjoyed this excellent and quickly made supper dish. I followed the recipe, but used penne rather than farfalle, and added in some sliced mushrooms. Simple and delicious, ideal after a long day at work when you want supper on the table quickly. Loved the addition of pinenuts :) This super dish was made for I Recommend tag game, thank you Mary!
When making this recipe I did cut it in half for just the 2 of us, but otherwise followed the ingredients right on down! Crumbled the bacon before adding it & enjoyed this somewhat unusual side dish very much! Will be keeping the recipe around for future making, too! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]