- 12 slices smoked bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 thick slices bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons light cream
- black pepper
- mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a pan for 7-8 minutes or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt. Add the garlic and bread and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mix the cheese and mayonnaise together. Stir in the cream and black pepper. Beat well to blend.
- Mix the salad leaves, bacon and croutons together. Place on serving plates, top with the dressing and serve.