Recipe by Noo
This is my version of the Chinese home-style pancake that my mum used to make for me when I was a child-she used little dried shrimp instead of bacon and water instead of stock. These are great as a light lunch or a quick snack. My children love them, especially drizzled with some sweet chili sauce! Try cutting them in triangles, rolling them up and securing with a cocktail stick-great for serving with drinks! Please note that these are NOT American style pancakes, more like a savoury crepe.
Top Review by vanessajcarpenter
FANTASTIC recipe! I cooked bacon a bit, chopped, and fried sliced mushrooms in the bacon grease. (Wonderfully sinful). Mixed everything, using veggie stock, and it was amazing! Added a chopped chili pepper for fun and it was amazing. Thank you for this recipe!
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 6 ounces flour
- 2 -3 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 4 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 8 -10 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together everything except the oil to make a smooth batter.
- In a frying pan heat up about 2 tbsp oil, ensuring that it has coated all around the pan.
- Pour in 1/4 of the batter mix, spreading it around pan with a spatula. Cook until the edges start to brown.
- Flip pancake and cook the other side until it browns slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until you have four large pancakes.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.