Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
great for brunch or quick breakfast. Heck, awesome dinner for two also!
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Pre-heat broiler.
- In a steamer basket, lightly steam spinach - you can also blanch for 3 minute in boiling water, plunge into ice water immediately after removing from the boiling water.
- In bowl, add eggs and milk, beat lightly.
- Meanwhile, toast whole grain bread.
- Heat butter (use more if necessary) in skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon. Reduce heat to low, and continuously stir.
- Add Swiss and Spinach, carefully stirring until eggs have reached desired consistency, and liquid has evaporated.
- Broil Bacon on an oiled broiler pan 4 minute each side.
- Place bacon on plates, top with egg mixture, top with chives, serve with whole grain toast.