Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy-to-make and tasty appetizer. Make lots - they'll go fast!
Make and share this Bacon and Sausage Roll-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- Cut each bacon strip in half.
- Cook bacon just until transparent; drain well and pat with paper towels to remove grease. If you are using the "ready-to-eat" bacon, you can skip this step.
- Cook sausage in a skillet and drain well.
- Mix cream cheese into sausage until well blended.
- Trim the crust off of the bread and cut each slice in half.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto bread and roll up jelly-roll style.
- Wrap each bread roll with a piece of the bacon and skewer with a toothpick.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
I have been making this reciepe for years as a Christmas treat! they are yummy and very tasteful at any occasion. The only downside is that they arent the healthiest snack in the pantry. In fact I also call them the hand held heart attack.
These are tasty little appetizers. Very simple and they are addicting! Thanks for sharing.
This is a winner! Delicious and simple. I added some onion to the filling on a few of them, as we love onion, and both ways were quite good. I also used a sage pork sausage. Thanks for sharing!