Recipe by Rhazz
This is one of the BEST recipes I have for feeding a large family. It is also great for when you are asked to bring a casserole to a party. I am yet to meet someone who doesn't love it!
- 3 large onions (sliced into rings)
- 500 g bacon (pieces)
- 8 beef sausages, thin
- 850 g baked beans
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 5 large potatoes (boiled and mashed as normal)
- 3 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large casserole dish, add drained corn kernels and baked beans.
- In a shallow fry-pan, stir onion rings in with 1 tsp butter until VERY well done.
- Remove and add to casserole dish.
- Using 1 tsp butter, shallow fry bacon pieces on high until VERY well done, then drain and add to casserole dish.
- With the last tsp of butter, shallow fry the sausages until VERY well done.
- Remove sausages, and cut into thin slices and add to casserole dish.
- Mix ingredients so far, then top with mashed potato.
- Garnish with salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and/or cheese to taste.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.