1/3 Photos of Bacon and Sage Mashed Potatoes
Save these rich, decadent mashed potatoes for the coldest, dreariest winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes and enough broth to barely cover them in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer just until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
- 4Return the potatoes and 1 cup of the cooking liquid to the saucepan and, using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash until smooth. Add the butter and gouda and stir until incorporated and melted; do not overmix.
- 5If necessary, add more broth to attain the desired consistency.
- 6Stir in the bacon, sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Sage Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 702.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g