Recipe by mendyd15_8112511
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I love making this recipe, that I made up. It's super easy and you can use it as a filling for omelette, a side dish or I like it with a scrambled egg rolled up in a flour tortilla.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 large onion, diced
- 12 -16 ounces bacon, diced and cooked, reserve drippings
- 1 (16 ounce) containersliced fresh mushrooms
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the hash browns and set aside. Cook bacon until tender crisp and drain on paper towels. Use the bacon grease to cook onions and mushrooms inches Cook them until just soft. Add potatoes to skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. You may need to add a small amount of oil to help cook and keep from sticking to the pan. Add bacon back into skillet and heat through.
- Store in a covered container until use.