Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am a huge fan of creamy soups so I decided to try to make this on my own and it came out wonderful. Great for leftover mashed potatoes which, in my house, is pretty rare. But when I have them I will be using this recipe. Hope you like it.
- 5 slice bacon
- 78.07 ml onion, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml celery, diced
- 828.06 ml potatoes, peeled and diced
- 768.91 ml water
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml mashed potatoes, leftovers
- In a large pot cook the bacon until semi crispy. Remove only the bacon and set aside to cool so you can crumble it later.
- Add the onion and celery to the bacon drippings and cook for just a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes; add the water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper, milk and leftover mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Continue to simmer until the potatoes are desired consistency.
- Serve warm with a sprinkling of dill.