1/2 Photos of Bacon and Potato Soup
I am a huge fan of creamy soups so I decided to try to make this on my own and it came out wonderful. Great for leftover mashed potatoes which, in my house, is pretty rare. But when I have them I will be using this recipe. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot cook the bacon until semi crispy. Remove only the bacon and set aside to cool so you can crumble it later.
- 2Add the onion and celery to the bacon drippings and cook for just a few minutes.
- 3Add the potatoes; add the water; bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 25 minutes.
- 5Stir in the pepper, milk and leftover mashed potatoes until well blended.
- 6Continue to simmer until the potatoes are desired consistency.
- 7Serve warm with a sprinkling of dill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 143.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g