Recipe by Leahferne
I am a huge fan of creamy soups so I decided to try to make this on my own and it came out wonderful. Great for leftover mashed potatoes which, in my house, is pretty rare. But when I have them I will be using this recipe. Hope you like it.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 3 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, leftovers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot cook the bacon until semi crispy. Remove only the bacon and set aside to cool so you can crumble it later.
- Add the onion and celery to the bacon drippings and cook for just a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes; add the water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper, milk and leftover mashed potatoes until well blended.
- Continue to simmer until the potatoes are desired consistency.
- Serve warm with a sprinkling of dill.