Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort Food from January 08' Bunco! I had to triple the recipe in order to feed our group of eight. Serve the soup in a sour dough bread bowl from Panera Bread for something different. Top with shredded mild cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Awesome!
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- bacon fat
- In bacon fat, saute onions 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. In a pot with sauteed onions, add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in soup, sour cream and crumbled bacon. Add milk, salt, pepper and parsley. Heat to serving temperature. Do no boil.
Simple and delicious, very comforting! We like a less-chunky soup so blended after the potato-simmering step, then put the purée back in the pot for adding soup, sour cream etc. Thanks for a lovely easy winter warmer! (Or autumn warmer, more accurately!)
ABC Cookbook Tag: What a delicious comfort food!! Warmed us up on a chilly night!!
This is a first rate easy to make recipe!! My hubby and I love it!