Recipe by oriana
This is a nice soup for those who love bacon and potato cant get a better combination than that! From the Womens Weekly cookbook
Top Review by Peter J
Nice! At first I thought it was a bit bland after removing from the pot and taking the photo but then realised I'd forgotten the cream and parsely which made a world of difference after returning to the heat and adding.
- 6 slices bacon, rind removed and chopped coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg potato, peeled and chopped coarsely (king edward)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- cook bacon and garlic in pan til bacon is crisp.
- add potato stock and water bring to boil.
- reduce heat simmer covered til potato is just tender.
- add sour cream stir til heated through.
- remove from heat stir in parsley.
- IF you want your soup a bit thicker I quickly use a hand held blender and pulse it a couple of times but dont completely blend it or it will be too thick still leave some potato chunks. tastes even better the next day.
- you can also use 1kg of bintje or pink fir apple potatoes.