Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nice with a green salad for lunch.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 ounce flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 ounce dripping
- 2 large potatoes
- Trim bacon, chop finely.
- Peel potatoes and grate. Peel and chop onion finely, and mix all together.
- Add flour.
- Beat eggs and season, add milk.
- Blend with bacon mixture. Melt dripping in shallow pan.
- Pour mixture in .
- Bake at 400 F for 3/4 hour.
- When cooked cut into squares and serve. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
This was an easy recipe to make. I used olive oil instead of drippings Health reason only) The seasonings were quarter teaspoon cummin,pinch dried thyme. It has an acceptable taste
Lovely as a breakfast dish.I also used olive oil and added some freshly chopped parsley to the mix for some colour.