Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb potato, peeled and grated
- 2 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large frypan, cook bacon and onion together until bacon is crisp and onion is clear.
- Transfer mixture to a papertowel lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Mix together eggs, potatoes, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add in well-drained bacon mixture; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the center of the pie is set.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
My whole family got excited about this recipe. So delicious and really easy to make. The potatoes were soft and tender. Very filling and something that I will make again. We had this for dinner but it would be great for breakfast or brunch. Thank you for sharing.
I made this for my family last night and am very happy to say that it was incredible. I think the use of fresh ingredients, nothing pre-packaged or frozen, really makes this better than any breakfast-type casserole I have ever made. Thanks for a great recipe.
Made this for Sunday brunch and there was nothing left over, lol...We will be keeping this in our rotation of breakfast yummies!