Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Feel free to add any ingredients you have on hand. Recipe is from Woman's World.
Make and share this Bacon and Potato Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place bacon in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and onion; cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6-7 minutes.
- Beat eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper; stir in broccoli and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add to skillet, cover.
- Over medium heat, cook until set, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover.
- Let stand until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
Thank you SO much for this recipe! It's now on my meal plan at least every other week. To make it a heartier dinner, I reduced the broccoli to slightly under 1 cup and added 1 cup diced ham. I've used a mixture of cheese - depending on what I have on hand. My family said I can make this anytime! Also - I've found it reheats very well. Microwave a slice for 20-30 seconds and finish in the toaster oven. Making this for more people was easy too: To increase for a 12" pan, increase by 2 eggs and add an extra 1/4 of everything else. Cooking takes slightly longer.
Great tasting breakfast this morning that the 4 of us enjoyed. I used half of the bacon, and added some diced ham that I heated up real quick. A nice start to the morning. Made for PRMR tag..Served with some apple - bacon pancakes.
Very nice tasting frittata, & easy to prepare, too! Instead of the sliced bacon, I used 1/4 cup of bacon bits, but other than that I made it as given here! Also made for great left-overs for the 2 of us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]