1/5 Photos of Bacon and Potato Chowder
Very filling, tasty, and easy to make. For best results, buy a good, very smokey bacon from a butcher shop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp, and chop. Drain and use paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- 2In a large pot, sautee onion and garlic with 2 tbsp bacon drippings.
- 3Add potatoes, water, bouillon cubes to pot.
- 4Heat to boiling, then cover and simmer until potatoes are cooked, then add bacon.
- 5Mix flour with a small amount of evaporated milk, making a paste.
- 6Gradually stir in remaining milk.
- 7Add to potato mixture.
- 8Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 9Stir often to ensure the soup doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 830.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated 2% milk