Recipe by Jami Robin
This recipe was adapted from the TV show Food 911 with Tyler Florence. It looked so good I had to try it myself!! Loved the results - I would think you could add any kind of cheese you want but the bacon and pepper jack combination is delicious!
Top Review by 933090
I'm not a huge hamburger person, but these were excellent!! I didn't have pepperjack cheese, so I just used cheddar. I fried them in the same pan that I cooked my bacon in, which made them extra good. I would reccomend grilling them to avoid extra calories though.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cheese and bacon in a bowl.
- Flatten approximately 1/8 - 1/4 of the ground chuck (depending on how large you would like your burgers to be) in the palm of your hand.
- Squeeze together about 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon and cheese mixture; put it in the center of the ground chuck.
- Bring up the sides of the meat over the filling, making sure the cheese is completely covered by the meat.
- Flatten slightly to form into a patty.
- Season patties to taste with garlic powder, seasoned salt, and ground black pepper.
- Grill burgers approximately 6-8 minutes on each side for medium.