Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was adapted from the TV show Food 911 with Tyler Florence. It looked so good I had to try it myself!! Loved the results - I would think you could add any kind of cheese you want but the bacon and pepper jack combination is delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- Mix cheese and bacon in a bowl.
- Flatten approximately 1/8 - 1/4 of the ground chuck (depending on how large you would like your burgers to be) in the palm of your hand.
- Squeeze together about 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon and cheese mixture; put it in the center of the ground chuck.
- Bring up the sides of the meat over the filling, making sure the cheese is completely covered by the meat.
- Flatten slightly to form into a patty.
- Season patties to taste with garlic powder, seasoned salt, and ground black pepper.
- Grill burgers approximately 6-8 minutes on each side for medium.
I'm not a huge hamburger person, but these were excellent!! I didn't have pepperjack cheese, so I just used cheddar. I fried them in the same pan that I cooked my bacon in, which made them extra good. I would reccomend grilling them to avoid extra calories though.
This is one of those recipes I would give more stars if I could. These are the best hamburgers we have ever made. We had a little cheese/bacon left over, so we put a little on top of each burger, just before removing them from the grill. Delicious!!!
We loved these burgers!! So good!! However, I had trouble finding shredded pepper jack cheese so I had to shred my own from a block. Other than that they were really easy to make and well worth all the fat and calories!! Love ya Jami!! Katie