Recipe by Sooz Cooks
I have to say the first time my friend Mare made these little bundles of delight, I was skeptical! Now she makes them every time we go over because we LOVE them so much.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I grew up on this yummy stuff! We served it as a snack w/o the butter, but as they say, I'll bet butter makes it better! If you like salty peanuts, you will love this tasty treat!
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 9 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the crust from the bread (or buy bread with the crust already removed).
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with melted butter.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 pieces.
- Place bread quarter on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bread turns brown and toasty.
- Serve and watch the reaction! Make sure you have copies of the recipe on hand to give out.