Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have to say the first time my friend Mare made these little bundles of delight, I was skeptical! Now she makes them every time we go over because we LOVE them so much.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the crust from the bread (or buy bread with the crust already removed).
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with melted butter.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 pieces.
- Place bread quarter on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bread turns brown and toasty.
- Serve and watch the reaction! Make sure you have copies of the recipe on hand to give out.
I grew up on this yummy stuff! We served it as a snack w/o the butter, but as they say, I'll bet butter makes it better! If you like salty peanuts, you will love this tasty treat!
OK, so I cheated, and made this for myself, but, boy am I glad! :) Delish! And easy, so I'll keep this one in the 'lunch' file for sure. I used crunchy peanut butter, as that is what I had on hand, but I think it would be better with creamy. Thanks so much for sharing, Sooz Cooks!
I made this for the gang on our little mini-vacation. Everyone loved this unique appetizer. What a nice change of pace from the usual treats that usually show up at gatherings. I made two batches, the first exactly as written and then the second batch I used Amish Peanut Butter (a mixture of peanut butter and marshmallow cream). Both ways were excellent. Thanks for sharing this treat, SoozieQ. It's a winner!