Recipe by English_Rose
Parsnips give a silky texture to this delicious winter warmer. Serve with croutons and a swirl of cream if desired.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped into 1/2in pieces
- 4 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, carrot and parsnip and cook gently for 5-6 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add the bacon and stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are completely soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth and return to the pan. You may have to do this in batches.
- Add pepper to taste, the bacon is fairly salty, so you probably won't need to add extra salt to the soup.
- Serve hot with croutons and a swirl of cream if desired.