Parsnips give a silky texture to this delicious winter warmer. Serve with croutons and a swirl of cream if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter and the oil in a large pan.
- 2Add the onion, carrot and parsnip and cook gently for 5-6 minutes until softened but not browned.
- 3Add the bacon and stock and bring to the boil.
- 4Simmer for 25-30 mins until the vegetables are completely soft.
- 5Puree the soup in a blender until smooth and return to the pan. You may have to do this in batches.
- 6Add pepper to taste, the bacon is fairly salty, so you probably won't need to add extra salt to the soup.
- 7Serve hot with croutons and a swirl of cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 353.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: