Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe where parsley is used in copious amounts , and not sprinkled on. If you don't enjoy the taste of parsley, don't make these.
- This is something that you can make very quickly , there is no time to be away from the cooker.
- Heat up a dry pan and throw in the bacon , it will start to sweat and loose fat quite rapidly , so you really don't need any extra fat here. Keep stirring until your bacon bits are golden brown (nor charred) .
- Add the parsley and fry it for about 30 seconds so it starts loosing moisture and has given some taste to the fat.
- Add the tomato ketchup, some pepper and salt and let the whole thing reduce until your ketchup is darker than usual (keep turning in it with a wooden spatula making sure nothing sticks).
- Add the cubed tomato, quickly stir it in the now heavily concentrated mixture in your pan, and let the whole heat up for a few seconds. The tomato doesn't have to 'cook', it just has to be warmed up. The whole thing should now have the consistency of thick tomato sauce.
- Serve inside a toasted soft bun (cut in half and toasted in a toaster or lightly fried if you don't have a toaster wide enough).
- Enjoy your snack and don't forget to give some feedback.