Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love bacon, noodles and cheese, they are even better together! I came up with this because I wanted something different...it is a rich casserole so if you get heartburn easily...don't eat it! Lol. :)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry the bacon until it's crispy, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Cook egg noodles as directed on package, drain and toss with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a 2 quart casserole layer as follows: 1/4 of the noodles, 1/4 of the sour cream, 1/4 of the cheddar cheese, 1/4 of the bacon and 1/4 of the onion.
- Repeat these layers 3 more times.
- Bake the casserole in preheated oven, uncovered for 30 minutes.
My family LOVED this! It is so easy, too! I used light sour cream and turkey bacon to cut down on fat and calories. Thank you so much for sharing!
Spring PAC 2008: Mmmm - creamy noodles with bacon - what more can I say????!!!!
Made this for Group #16 recipe swap. Quick, easy, very yummy and very rich. I loved it as is, but I will also try making a lower calorie version to watch my ever expanding waistline!